Basically, WordPress is open-source software that you can use to create your website or blog and publish it on the Internet. This is a special kind of software called Content Management System (CMS), which is basically a tool that allows you to capture important parts of your website like content, colours, and contact forms – without any programming. It makes it easy to manage the need to know. Created in 2003 as a collaboration between Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little, it has had a huge following over the years and now has an amazing community behind it.
That team of software engineers and designers worldwide not only contributes to the basic WordPress code. But also support the platform by creating plugins that allow you to enhance your website and themes’ functionality. You can change your shape and feel quickly and easily. With the help and support of all these people, the WordPress website has become one of the most popular website publishing programs globally – 30% of the Internet runs through WordPress hosting. There are so many websites. Best of all, it’s completely free to use! For all these reasons and more. Free WordPress hosting is a great platform for beginners looking to build a beginner – or 100th – website.
What Makes WordPress So Dominant?
There is a lot of a handful of reasons why localhost WordPress wp admins so dominating.
- WordPress is free. You can download it now, which does not include any money.
- WordPress website is open source. This is a community project created by thousands of volunteers around the world. Anyone can participate. Anyone can create with the site and help the platform grow even more.
- WordPress is modern. If certain website software features are considered “standard”, you can be sure that WordPress has.
- WordPress is versatile. It can run any website. It doesn’t matter if it’s a simple business site, a blog, a photo site, a hobby site, a professional corporate site, a portfolio site, a wedding site, a fitness site, a directory site, etc., an e-commerce store. The site handles all this easily.
- WordPress themes are accessible and user-friendly. This is not a problem for users with impaired vision.
- WordPress works on all screen sizes and devices. You can access your website via desktop, laptop, tablet, phone.
- WordPress is scalable. You can add custom features by using the WordPress plugin. Think of the plugin as the “app” of your website (like your iPhone app, but for your website).
- WordPress is beautiful. There are a lot of free and premium design packages (called themes) available for WordPress. You can install them with one click.
What is the Difference Between WordPress.com And WordPress.org?
Since you’re learning how to build your own website and WordPress platform, you’ve probably known about the difference between these “WordPress.com” and “WordPress.org.”.
It is a non-profit, paid service that uses WordPress.org software to build simple websites using their platform. It’s completely free (no hosting fee) and easy to use, but you lose most of your flexibility and control.
Also known as “Self-Hosted WordPress,” is free and open-source CMS software that you can install on your host to create a website that is entirely yours. Most of the time, when we say “WordPress,” we mean self-hosted WordPress.org software.
|You cannot monetize ads.||Use your unique domain name.|
|You cannot use plugins.|
Use plugins and themes
|You cannot use your own theme.||Fully customize your website.|
|You don’t own your domain name (instead of “your-name.com”, You will find your name as WordPress.com. Which looks unprofessional||Use your unique domain name.|
|There are five pricing plans, for free, where an expensive plan costs around $45 per month.||It is open-source and free to use. The only downside is that you’ll need a third-party hosting plan, which can vary in cost but can cost around $ 40 a year.|
|Although WordPress.com is a free plan, it is minimal in terms of ownership and control. For example:|
1.If you violate their Terms of Service, they can easily delete your website.
2.The free version comes with the WordPress.com domain name.
3.The site will show the “Powered by WordPress” link.
You’ll need to upgrade to a more expensive plan (not necessarily the next least expensive one).
|The main benefit of wordpress.org is that you own the website and fully control it, even though it’s free.|
|The free plan does not allow the use of Google Analytics, and in fact, to use it, you have to sign up for a premium plan.||Additionally, WordPress.org allows you to use key analytics tools such as Google Analytics.|
WordPress.com VS WordPress.org
With WordPress.com, you don’t have to worry about buying or maintaining your site hosting. It can be free, although there are payment plans. The free plan limits you to 3GB of data and subdomains (like mywebsite.wordpress.com). It also includes WordPress.com ads. Plus, you won’t be able to install your “plugins” or “themes” unless you pay for an expensive business plan. Plugins and themes are the most helpful things about WordPress software because they make it easy to customize your site, which is a huge disadvantage.
WordPress.org needs to be configured with your hosting provider. In most cases, it’s a straight-click install and really easy. In fact, if you buy your domain name from your hosting provider, you don’t even have to worry about changing your DNS. It will do for you! Also, WordPress.org has better customization options. You can WordPress install plugins, use custom website themes, and do custom things with your site. You can monetize your website however you want. This is great if you are thinking of making it a business.
How to create a WordPress website?
Suppose you’re looking for an easy-to-use tool to help you build your website or blog (without learning the code). Then CMS is for you. The use of plugins, themes, and global support helps everyone who wants to create a website.
1.Get a domain name
You will need to purchase a domain name. This is the web address that people will use to find you. For example, our domain name is builderexpert.com. Buying a domain name is easy. Just head to a domain name registrar – a well-known domain.com – then find the address you want. A good domain name should be as close to your website or business name as possible. It should be remembered or even estimated, and as little as possible. In terms of the best domain name extensions (i.e., a bit at the end of your domain name), .com is the most common/popular. If it is available, it is a safe bet and the option we recommend.
Failing that, you have some good options.
.NET – Available to everyone but often affiliated with tech companies
.org – Available to everyone, but especially popular with NGOs and charities
.co – Available to everyone but often associated with startups or modern companies.
And of course, if you only work nationally, you can always go with your country’s domain extension, such as .us or .co. The United Kingdom. Only US citizens and organizations can use .us, but other countries are often more flexible. While most domains cost less than $ 20 per year, you may be surprised to find that some domains start at several thousand dollars. What gives?
These are premium domain names. They say they are trendy. Hence, they are expected to bring a lot of people to your site. After the initial expulsion, though, they will renew at a regular rate. If you want to get a lot of traffic through Google search, if it suits your business, you will be able to split a premium domain name. If people follow your site’s link or have a special, lesser-known name, then there’s no point in spending a fortune.
2.Sign up for a hosting provider
Now that you have your address, you need to rent a house on your land: now is the time to find a host for your website. Well, that’s not a perfect match – but it’s an important step in the process of building your website. Without space to host your website – a virtual plot of Internet Land – you won’t be able to get your site online. You need to make sure that your WordPress hosting provider meets the following criteria.
- PHP version 7.2 or higher
- MySQL version 5.6 or higher, or Maria DB version 10.0 or higher
- HTTPS support
- Our research found that Bluehost is the best hosting provider – even WordPress itself has recommended it! You can check out our best WordPress hosts to find out why and which others we recommend. Of course, they all meet the above criteria
Whichever hosting provider you choose, you have to decide whether to choose shared or managed WordPress hosting. With shared WordPress hosting, you share one server – and all its resources – with other sites. You will share bandwidth (traffic capacity) and storage space (share for your web content and media). Shared hosting is affordable and is perfect for smaller sites. The shared hosting plans of Bluehost start at 9 2.95 / month. Managed WordPress hosting can take VPS or dedicated hosting and is better for large sites that require more resources. As you might expect, this is a bit of a hassle with the Blue Host-managed WordPress project. 19.95 / month.
Here’s an overview of how to sign up for a hosting provider. We have used Bluehost as our example, but the process is the same across the board.
1. Select a plan
At the top of the Bluehost homepage, select Shared VPS or Dedicated Hosting from the ‘Hosting’ dropdown on the menu. Let’s say you decide to start with a shared hosting plan. Your options are: We recommend the Spring of Choice Plus project for you to take advantage of backups – if your site gets in trouble, it will be worth every penny.
2.Link your domain name
You will then be taken to a screen like below, where you can enter your domain name. Once you have selected your Bluehost Plan, you will be prompted to associate your domain name.
3.Set up billing details
Once you’ve linked your domain name, you’ll need to create your account and fill out your billing details. Once you’ve connected your domain, you’ll need to set up an account. At this point, you also have to choose how long you want to sign up. As you might expect, signing up for a year or more will be much cheaper than paying on a month-to-month basis. Bluehost also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can always let it go and switch later if needed.
So now that you have your domain name and hosting plan, you are ready to install the site! It is worth considering that, if all of this seems more technical or expensive than you might expect, website builders may be a better choice. Check out our roundup of the best website builders for more information.
Now that you’ve got the admin out of the way, it’s time to start the real fun – it’s time to install this! This is something you can do directly by your hosting dashboard. Depending on the provider, the installation will be one click or manual.
4.Choose a theme
One of the WordPress drawings – whether you’re confident in the code or willing to learn it – is that you’ve got a pretty much-unlimited scope to customize your site. That said, every site starts with a theme. Also, what is a theme, we hear you ask? It’s like a ‘template’ for your website, a fully structured example site that you can then populate with your content and customize it to your liking. Comes with its own set of WordPress themes. You can do a ‘demo’ to find each relevant to your site’s purpose and practice. To install the free WordPress theme, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Hover over Appearance, then click ‘Themes’. This will take you to the theme dashboard.
- Click the button at the top of the topics that say ‘Add New,’ then browse the topics under ‘Featured,’ ‘Popular,’ etc., or use the search bar to search for specific industries.
- Give me some theme demos to find the one you like, then click ‘Install’ under the theme to download it.
- After a few minutes, a button will appear under the theme that says ‘Activate’. Click on it, and the theme is all yours.
You can purchase a theme from a trusted third-party site like Theme Forrest for something more complex and unique. Just keep in mind that many fancy extra features can slow down your site, so do what you need – more or less. Here’s how to install a premium theme on your website.
- Download the .zip file for your new theme.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Hover over appearance, then click ‘Themes’. This will take you to the theme dashboard.
- Click the button above the topics that say ‘Add New.’ This will take you to the WordPress Theme Dashboard.
- Click the blue-button at the top that says ‘Upload Theme’.
- You will then be prompted to select a zip file from your computer. Choose your new theme file.
- You will then see a message with success to activate your theme. And that’s it. You’re ready to go!
I hope you enjoy this post a lot. You also better understand wordpress.com and wordpress.org. To learn WordPress more. Visit now, Nyrotech.